Experienced marketer. Award-winning writer. Born storyteller. Looking for cool people to work with.
People who do cool things don’t always realize how cool they are.
When I worked with engineers, I would ask what they were working on. I was usually met with a modest variation of, “Oh, nothing interesting.”
Then 15 minutes later they would make an offhand mention of growing synthetic bone or creating a universal translator for baby cries.
(Seriously. Those were both real projects.)
Finding and telling cool stories about businesses like yours is my favorite thing about what I do. If you think your business is “too boring” for content marketing, you are so delightfully wrong.
Before I was a copywriter, I was a news writer, cranking out bylines in every beat our paper had. Over the course of a decade, I was both a reporter and an editor, collecting nearly two dozen awards along the way.
I loved journalism, but it’s a demanding lifestyle. After ten years I switched gears and took a job managing content for a university alumni association. I was still telling stories with all the tricks and tools I’d used as a journalist. But now I added a new tool to the toolbox: persuasion.
I spent the next six years as an in-house marketing director, developing stories and strategies that helped sell donations to an alumni association, enrollments to a university, and industrial building materials.
Today, I help small and medium businesses in all industries to influence people with their stories. I move you past “nothing interesting” to that gem that makes your audience take notice. I write copy that sticks in customers’ heads and help you market yourself strategically.
Tell me how I can help you get your story in front of the right people. If forms aren’t your thing, you can also email me or send me a direct message on LinkedIn or Twitter.
10 Random Things About Me
- I’m a Leo on the Greek zodiac and born in the year of the sheep on the Chinese zodiac. So I’m both a lion and a lamb.
- I live an hour’s drive from one of the biggest metro areas in the US, but I can see a cornfield from my office window. #midwest
- I’m a boy mom, loud and proud.
- I drink black coffee and white wine (not at the same time).
- I’m a geek. My favorite fandoms are Doctor Who and Tolkien, but I am a fringe member of the Marvel, DC, and Star Wars fandoms as well. And thanks to my geeky family, I can hold up my end of a conversation about Star Trek, Legend of Zelda, Transformers, or Mario.
- When my high school and college classmates were taking Spanish, I decided to take German. It actually came in handy later in life when I spent three years working in the US office of a German company.
- I don’t run. If you see me running, you should run in the same direction, because either something scary is behind me or I heard an ice cream truck.
- I’m a dog person.
- I love musical theater. In my early teens, I briefly wanted to be a Broadway star.
- I’m notoriously clumsy, with a particular gift for falling up stairs and walking into door frames.
Juice up your marketing with easy-to-follow strategies delivered fresh to your inbox twice a month.
By signing up, you agree to receive email from Herra Communications. You’ll love it – no spam, no sales pitches, no kidding. If you don’t like it, it’s easy to unsubscribe.